The cylindrical grinder is a type of grinding machine used to shape the outside of an object. The cylindrical grinder can work on a variety of shapes, however the object must have a central axis of rotation. This includes but is not limited to such shapes as a cylinder, an ellipse, a cam, or a crankshaft.
Outside Diameter Cylindrical Grinding
Inside Diameter Cylindrical Grinding
There are five different types of cylindrical grinding: outside diameter (OD) grinding, inside diameter (ID) grinding, plunge grinding, creep feed grinding, and centerless grinding.
Cylindrical grinding is defined as having four essential actions:
The work (object) must be constantly rotating
The grinding wheel must be constantly rotating
The grinding wheel is fed towards and away from the work
Either the work or the grinding wheel is traversed with respect to the other.
While the majority of cylindrical grinders employ all four movements, there are grinders that only employ three of the four actions.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What is Metal Lathe?
- What is Gear Hobbing Machine?
- How does Hobbing Machine Process work?
- What is Hobbing Machine Equipment?
- What is Outlines Types of Hobs?
- What is Hobbing USE?
- What is CNC Gear shaping machine?
- How does the Worm Grinding Wheel Grinder work?
- How does Horizontal Lathes Machine work?
- What used for of Vertical Lathe Machine?
- How many Types of Cylindrical Grinder?
- The History of Cylindrical Grinder
- The Types of Lathes
- What is Engine Lathes?
- What is Titanium Alloys?
- The specification of Titanium Alloys
- How many grade stype of Titanium Alloy?
- What area of Titanium Alloys used for?
- How does Heat treatment works?
- What is Non-ferrous metal?