The Details of Gear Cutter
Specialty cutting tools designed for milling gears.
For cutting the teeth to suit a special gear shape called an involute form.
Designed as arbor mounted cutters for machine tools.
Well suited for use in a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
For optimal performance and the best tool life the correct cutting speeds and feeds must be used and suitable lubricating/cutting oils or appropriate coolant fluids are recommended.
Available in sets of 8 cutters to suit different numbers of teeth.
Sized and proportioned to afford a good cutting range and ample rigidity.
Straight form tooth design to suit the involute gear form.
For finishing with a 14-1/2° or 20° pressure angle.
8 cutters are made for each module.
Manufactured from high speed steel.
Ground from solid.
Straight teeth on periphery of cutters.
Made to suit pitch diameters of 2 to 48 for either 14-1/2° or 20° pressure angle gears.
Cutter sets can accommodate gears from 12 teeth to a rack gear.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What is Metal Lathe?
- What is Gear Hobbing Machine?
- How does Hobbing Machine Process work?
- What is Hobbing Machine Equipment?
- What is Outlines Types of Hobs?
- What is Hobbing USE?
- What is CNC Gear shaping machine?
- How does the Worm Grinding Wheel Grinder work?
- How does Horizontal Lathes Machine work?
- What used for of Vertical Lathe Machine?
- The process of Gear Cutting
- What is gear cutting?
- Introduction of Gear Shaving Cutter
- The history of the shaving cutter
- Basic Worm Gear Hob
- What is Worm Gear Hob?