New and Used Vertical Lathes
Vertical lathes are being used in metal working, wood switching and glass working. Popular items that have been made by lathe machines are table legs, candlestick owners, musical instrumentals, baseball bats, bowls and numerous others. And additionally, you can purchase used vertical lathes from Ward CNC too. Vertical lathes are a very useful tool for cutting and shaping materials for commercial designs, crafts and hobbies. They are compact and streamlined, normally in an upright drill-press style, rather than the larger, bench-type models which provides the same capabilities as the industrial models. Both models apply by the same principles; the materials are fastened and turned whilst the cutting head moves in and out of the work area, extracting material at a calculated and adjustable pace. This is useful when you have exact holes, notches and level cuts must be made with exact symmetry for aesthetics and alignment when joining parts together.
Vertical lathes are used when working with complex shapes as it is rotating in order for it to be trimmed, shaped or sanded with another tool or a lathe cutter. The vertical lathe offers a stable and safe platform for turning at a reliable and constant speed, lowering the promise for mistakes and inadvertent gouges. As well as this, the vertical lathe provides steady and exact removal of material over the whole plane of a piece, which gives a smooth, professional cut. For useful and amazing results, vertical lathes perfectly shape and cut materials ranging from metal and wood to plastics and other materials.
The functions of vertical lathes are suitable for craftsmen and artists, which constantly lends these skills wanted to include both functionality and aesthetics into different creations. Woodworkers, makers of furniture and metal designers make some of the most complex creations beginning with a vertical lathe in order to form a basic shape. From there, they then use this shape to mould it into a finished product. There are many different vertical lathe machines available at Ward CNC, allowing people to easily bring these creations to life.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What is Metal Lathe?
- What is Gear Hobbing Machine?
- How does Hobbing Machine Process work?
- What is Hobbing Machine Equipment?
- What is Outlines Types of Hobs?
- What is Hobbing USE?
- What is CNC Gear shaping machine?
- How does the Worm Grinding Wheel Grinder work?
- How does Horizontal Lathes Machine work?
- How many kinds of CNC Lathe?
- The difference between Mini-Lathe and Micro-Lathe?
- What is Wheel Lathe?
- What are Center Lathe / Engine Lathe / Bench La...
- What is CNC pipe threading lathe?
- How many Series of CNC Pipe Threading Lathe?
- How does the VMC Vertical Machining Center work?
- How does the CNC Tapping Center work?
- Sliding guideway CNC vertical machining center
- What is Linear Guideway Machining Center?