What is ingot casting?
An ingot is a piece of relatively pure material, usually metal, that is cast into a shape suitable for further processing.In steelmaking, it is the first step among semi-finished casting products. Ingots usually require a second procedure of shaping, such as cold/hot working, cutting, or milling to produce a useful final product. Non-metallic and semiconductor materials prepared in bulk form may also be referred to as ingots, particularly when cast by mold based methods. Precious metal ingots can be used as currency (with or without being processed into other shapes), or as a currency reserve, as with gold bars.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What is Metal Lathe?
- What is Gear Hobbing Machine?
- How does Hobbing Machine Process work?
- What is Hobbing Machine Equipment?
- What is Outlines Types of Hobs?
- What is Hobbing USE?
- What is CNC Gear shaping machine?
- How does the Worm Grinding Wheel Grinder work?
- How does Horizontal Lathes Machine work?
- What used for of Vertical Lathe Machine?
- How many types of Ingot casting?
- Ingot Manufacturing
- Steel Making: Ingot casting
- Ingot casting processing
- Aluminum Casting: Process Description
- AEROSPACE INGOT
- Aerospace Ingot Casting Features and Benefits
- Why should you choose investment casting?
- What is Ferrous alloy?
- How many style of stainless steels？