Wheel lathes are machines used to manufacture and resurface the wheels of railway cars. When wheels become worn or compromised from excessive use, this tool can be used to re-cut and recondition the wheel of the train car. There are a number of different wheel lathes available including underfloor variations for resurfacing wheels that are still attached to the rail car, portable types that are easily transported for emergency wheel repairs, and CNC versions which utilize computer-based operating systems to complete the wheel repair.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What is Metal Lathe?
- What is Gear Hobbing Machine?
- How does Hobbing Machine Process work?
- What is Hobbing Machine Equipment?
- What is Outlines Types of Hobs?
- What is Hobbing USE?
- What is CNC Gear shaping machine?
- How does the Worm Grinding Wheel Grinder work?
- How does Horizontal Lathes Machine work?
- What used for of Vertical Lathe Machine?
- What are Center Lathe / Engine Lathe / Bench La...
- What is CNC pipe threading lathe?
- How many Series of CNC Pipe Threading Lathe?
- How does the VMC Vertical Machining Center work?
- How does the CNC Tapping Center work?
- Sliding guideway CNC vertical machining center
- What is Linear Guideway Machining Center?
- What is Cylindrical Grinder?
- How many Types of Cylindrical Grinder?
- The History of Cylindrical Grinder